Thursday, September 08, 2005

First Week Back at Work

Tuesday was mommy's first day back at work. On Monday night, she was very sad, but I smiled at her and did funny things with my tongue while she was rocking me, so she had to laugh. On Tuesday morning, she packed everything up and got ready to go, and then she woke me up. I was a little shocked at being woken, but then I smiled! We drove to Mona's house - she's my new babysitter. I was going to go to a big daycare center, but just last week, mommy and daddy found a really nice lady for me to visit instead. Our neighbors take their daughters to her, and when we all went to meet her, she was great! When we got to Mona's, she and mommy talked for a long time while I sat on mommy's lap. When it was time for her to leave, mommy got sad. :( I had a great time at Mona's though. We played and I napped and ate, and Mona showed me all around their house. I think I'm going to be just fine. Mommy called to check on me, and Mona said that she couldn't believe what a good baby I am - I hadn't cried at all, and I had been really smiley and content. Then daddy came to pick me up, and I got to go home with him and hang out. When mommy got home, she took me from daddy right away and gave me lots of cuddles and kisses. That was nice! It was so good to see her. Mommy told me that she had a pretty good time at work but that she missed me LOTS!!
Today was my third day, and things are good. We're all figuring out a routine, and it's getting easier every day. Last night, I even slept through the whole night and never woke up until mommy picked me up from my crib this morning. I had a very big breakfast. Yum!

Tonight I took a shower with daddy and then we had some laughs!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just looking through blogs. I stopped on yours because I love the name Jack. It's on the top of my list when I have a son. Your Jack couldn't be cuter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home