Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sleeping off my shots....

I had my six month shots today. All four of them. The first one hardly phased me, but then I realized what was going on. OUCH! I got mad. I recovered pretty quickly though and then fell asleep on the way home. It's hard work getting shots. My goodness.

We've been so busy since New Year's Day...wow! Last week was a flurry of activity as we all adjusted to getting back to work after such a nice two weeks of holidays. I was happy to see Mona; she couldn't believe how many new things I had learned. She told mommy that she thinks I'm very smart. I seem to know how to do lots of things with my hands; things she's never seen another baby figure out how to do. I also showed her how good I am at rolling over and over and over, and I've been sharing all of my new noises and words. I am talking up a storm. Daddy calls me Verbal Merbal. My favorite thing to say is MaMa. Mommy is very pleased. We practice our MMMMM noises a lot. Daddy thinks we should start working on DDDDD.

I've been eating a lot of new foods. I now eat sweet potatoes, avocado, peaches, homemade applesauce, squash, green beans, oatmeal, and rice cereal. And I'm learning how to drink water out of a cup. So far, I haven't met a food I didn't like. I'm a big fan of my mommy's applesauce. It makes me kick my legs and giggle.

By far, the funniest thing around is Daddy. He can really get me going. I have the biggest belly laughs when he's silly with me. Mommy says that it's the sweetest sound in the whole world to hear me laugh like that. The other night I had a bath in the kitchen sink, and daddy made me laugh - I kicked and kicked like I've never kicked before. There was water everywhere!! I'm getting ready for my first swim class on Saturday. We're all really excited about it. Daddy thinks it's probably time for me to have my baths in the big tub, because I'm getting a little too crazy for the kitchen! Probably after I learn some new moves in the pool on Saturday, I'll really be crazy. That'll definitely make me laugh.

It's time for me to go. I've got some playing to do. By the way, the sun finally came out this week. Grand Rapids only tied the record for the most sunless days - 15!! Hopefully we'll never break the record. Talk to you later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sweetie! I'm sorry getting shots was so exhausting, but you look pretty comfy, resting in your car seat.
I loved reading all about your first couple of weeks back after our time together in Colorado. I can almost hear your giggles!
Now, I'm getting excited for our next time together. Oh goody!
I love you (your Mommy and Daddy too, of course)
Ems

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home