Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas!

Well, we're back in Michigan after a wonderful trip to Colorado. We had so much fun! And the sun was out the entire time we were there. It was beautiful. I've decided that I like Colorado. I think I'll go back.

Daddy and mommy skied at Copper Mountain and Vail, and they stayed overnight in Vail while I stayed with Ems. They had fun staying in the town where they got married almost three years ago, and I had a great time with Ems. My aunt Susan and cousin Kathryn arrived from Nevada to visit, too.

On Friday, I went to lunch with daddy and his friend Ashley. She has a little boy named Waylon, who is almost two. Mommy had a migraine, so she had to stay home. After lunch we met Grandpa and shopped for a backpack to carry me around. It's very neat. That afternoon, my Grandpa's family came over to meet me. I met my Great Gramma Lou!

The next day was Christmas Eve, otherwise known as my half-birthday. I had some peaches to celebrate. Daddy went to finish his shopping, but mommy, Ems, Aunt Susan, Kathryn, and I hung out at home and even went for a nice walk. For dinner, we had a big christmasy feast. I wore my Pooh Christmas bib.

Christmas morning was lots of fun. We had stockings and lots of presents. I got so many fun toys and books! I'm really excited to play with them. Daddy gave mommy a beautiful bracelet with my picture on a charm. He also surprised her with my sixth month pictures. She loved them!

That afternoon, I played on the floor for a long time. I did lots of rolling around and figured out that I can roll to move from toy to toy. I also learned how to pull the little frog's leg on my green block. Everyone thought I was pretty entertaining, because I was very persistent until I figured it out.

Daddy had to leave for Michigan on the 26th, so he got up before I even did. We were sad that he left, but we still had a lot of fun. We all went to Pearl Street Mall and walked around. I rode in my new backpack. I've got a great view from mommy's back. We had lunch at the Walnut Brewery; mommy had a buffalo burger. She said it was yummy!

On Tuesday, I played with Ems and enjoyed my last full day in Colorado. Mommy's cousin, Sara, came over to visit, and she and mommy went for a long walk together. That night we went to Denver to celebrate my Great Gramma Lou's 92nd birthday.

On Wednesday, we had to get ready to leave. I took two really long naps and played with Ems and Aunt Susan. Mommy had lots of packing to do. We went to the airport for our flight at 4:30pm.

The flight to Detroit was very long, but I did great. Every time we're in public, at least one person tells mommy that they can't believe what a good baby I am! Unfortunately, our flight to Grand Rapids was delayed, so we didn't get home until after 1am. Daddy came to pick us up, and I was happy to see him, even if I was exhausted.

I had a good sleep that night, and mommy and I slept in the next morning. It's great to be home! I am sad and miss my Ems, but I like being home with mommy, daddy, and dakota dog. It was a GREAT trip to Colorado!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home