Monday, February 20, 2006

Overalls

I have been getting a few questions on why my cute little nose is orange. Dr. Daddy says that eating too many carrots, or other foods high in beta-carotene, can cause a condition called carotenemia. High levels of beta-carotene can cause a yellowish discoloration of the skin, most noticeable on the palms and soles and nose. Unlike jaundice, though, carotenemia does not cause yellowing of the whites of the eyes. Carotenemia is usually seen in young children, is not toxic, and generally does not cause other health problems.

It is completely normal. Thank goodness! ;-)

I wore my new overalls today. I have been waiting to grow into them. Ems gave them to me for Christmas. They're pretty darn cute and comfy. They're my first overalls with real metal buckles!
I discovered them right away and enjoyed chewing on them.

Daddy is taking this whole week off of work, because he leaves for Cinncinati next week. That means lots of daddy and Jack time. Today we all went on a walk. It was very chilly! I was in the backpack, and at one point, the wind blew a little bit. Brrr. I did not enjoy that one bit.
I figured out how to hide behind mommy's head though, and that made it better.

I'm still enjoying eating cheerios, and tonight I had some apple yogurt. It was not quite as yummy as the blueberry, but pretty tasty. Mommy gave me some pieces of peach too. I didn't really like it though - it's kinda slimy.

Well, I'm off to bed. I took good naps today, but I'm still tired. I think that I must be doing lots of growing and figuring because I've been pretty tired.
And sometimes I get a little mad when I can't move as much as I'd like. It's a good thing to get good sleep and rest up for more growing tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren has the orange nose thing going on too!!! Too many carrots and sweet taters:)

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home