Sunday, October 30, 2005

Apples, Pumpkins, and Sunshine

Today has been a great day! It's beautiful and sunny, and everyone is outside enjoying the weather. We went on an adventure. We drove to Rockford and had lunch at The Corner Bar. Mommy and daddy thought their sandwiches were yummy, and the waitress thought I was "precious". After lunch we took a walk in the park and Dakota got to come, too. I fell asleep in my stroller and took a little catnap. It felt good to be in the sunshine. Mommy says we have to enjoy every minute of sunshine while we've got it, because we'll be missing it in February.

Then we went to Robinette's. It's an apple farm, and it's very popular in the fall. We ran into one of the doctors who is teaching daddy how to do surgery. He and his wife are very nice. I gave them a couple of big smiles. We stood in line to get pumpkin and chocolate donuts. Mommy had the pumpkin one, and she said it was delicious. Daddy ate the chocolate one. We also bought a big bag of apples and some apple cider. Mommy is going to make homemade applesauce, and freeze some of it so that I can eat it this winter. I'm starting to think that this real food thing sounds pretty good!

There was a horse-drawn hay wagon that people were riding in. Mommy wanted daddy to take a picture of me with the two big horses, but daddy said he didn't think it was safe to have me so close to the horse. Mommy then noticed a sign saying that the owners couldn't be held responsible if a horse caused someone's death, so I had my picture with the giant pumpkin instead. It was better all the way around.

It's been a very nice weekend, and we're sorry to see it go.... But we'll have more fun soon. Daddy says that every day is fun with me around.

1 Comments:

Blogger China Toriani said...

Hes a cutie! I have a blog too mostly about my new son Jacob.... Feel free to visit.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home